3129 Glenn L. Martin Hall, Building 088
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1986
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Fellow, Society of Plastics Engineers (May 2005)
- Lilly-CTE Teaching Fellow, 1996-1997
- School of Engineering Faculty Service Award
- Society of Plastics Engineers, Extrusion Division Board of Directors, chair
- Conference Section Moderator; Polymer Processing Society
- Technical review panel, Extrusion Division for the Annual Technical Conference of the Society of Plastics Engineers
- Reviewer, Polymer Engineering and Science Journal, International Polymer Processing Journal, Amer. Inst. Of Chem. Eng. Journal
- Chair, Teaching Excellence Committee for Clark School of Engineering
Polymer processing with a focus on mixing dynamics and controls Quality improvement of corporate practices through Lean Six Sigma (BlackBelt)
- Bigio, D., and C.T. Yang, “Mixing Design for Foam Extrusion: Analysis and Practice,” in Principles of Thermoplastic Foam Extrusion, Technomatic Publishing Inc., 2000.
- Gao, J., D. Bigio, G. Walsh, and R. Briber, “A Residence Time Distribution Model for Twin Screw Extruders,” AIChE J., Vol. 45, No. 12, pp. 2541-2549, 1999.
- Yang, C., T. Smith, D. Bigio, and C. Anolick, “Polymer Trace Devolatilization: Part I. Foaming Experiments and Model Development,” AIChE J., Vol. 43, No.4, pp. 1874-1890, 1997.
- Yang, C., T. Smith, D. Bigio and C. Anolick, “Polymer Trace Devolatilization: Part II. Case Study and Experimental Verification,” AIChE J., Vol. 43, No. 4, pp. 1861-1873, 1997.
- Kang, J., D. Bigio and T. Smith, “Break-up Mechanisms in a Cavity Flow,” AIChE J., Vol. 42, No. 3, pp. 649-659, 1996.
Hands-on learning gets a new twist with a design created by UMD students.
Other professional society fellows
- Society of Plastics Engineers