Semesters OfferedSpring 2018, Spring 2019, Spring 2020, Spring 2021
Analysis and design of active and passive remote sensing techniques including light detection and ranging (lidar), radar, and digital image processing. Completion of a project employing the course material, CAD, rapid prototyping, and data collection & processing.
- Lidar remote sensing: active and passive, digitizing and photon counting, data acquisition and processing
- Radar remote sensing: active and passive, synthetic aperture radar (SAR), radar cross section, data acquisition and processing
- Computer vision: image blurring, masking, edge detection, Hough transforms
- Programming in Linux, Python, and OpenCV
Additional Course Information
- Two 75 minute lectures per week