Semesters OfferedSpring 2018, Spring 2019, Spring 2020
Analysis and design of active and passive remote sensing techniques including light detection and ranging (lidar), radar, and digital image processing. Completion of a project employing the course material, CAD, rapid prototyping, and data collection & processing.
- Lidar remote sensing: active and passive, digitizing and photon counting, data acquisition and processing
- Radar remote sensing: active and passive, synthetic aperture radar (SAR), radar cross section, data acquisition and processing
- Computer vision: image blurring, masking, edge detection, Hough transforms
- Programming in Linux, Python, and OpenCV
Additional Course Information
- Two 75 minute lectures per week