ENME

News Story

Small Fire in J. M. Patterson Injures No One

Small Fire in J. M. Patterson Injures No One

UPDATE: as of noon on Tuesday, Jan. 17, J.M. Patterson has been re-opened.

A small electrical fire occurred in a lab in the J.M. Patterson building on Monday, January 16. No one was injured.

The fire started in the Lab for Advanced Materials Processing on the second floor of the building, apparently when a fan malfunctioned. The sprinkler system controlled the fire until emergency responders arrived. Officials are still determining how much damage there is. The building remains closed at this time while cleanup continues.

 

January 17, 2012


Prev   Next

Current Headlines

Burgers Program Features Topics in Turbulence

Wachsman and group overcome high resistance, low capacity solid-state battery barriers

Best paper award for Bergbreiter, St. Pierre, Gosrich at Hilton Head workshop

Profs. Dasgupta, McCluskey and Students Present at ITherm 2018

Empowering Experience and Innovation

Srebric Elected Fellow of ISIAQ

Student Teams Win $5,000 In Scholarship Funding

Building Together at the 2018 ASEE Annual Conference

News Resources

Return to Newsroom

Search News

Archived News

Events Resources

Events Calendar

Additional Resources

UM Newsdesk

Faculty Experts