- Ph.D., University of California (Berkeley), 1977
- M.S., University of California (Berkeley), 1973
- B.E.(M.E.), City College of CUNY, 1972
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Fellow, American Physical Society
- Associate Fellow, AIAA
- Journal reviewer, The Physics of Fluids, AIAA Journal, ASME Journal Fluids Engineering, Journal of Computational Physics, Journal of Fluid Mechanics
- Proposal reviewer, National Science Foundation
- Organizer, Symposium on Vortex Methods and Vortex Flows, ASME Fluids Engineering Division Summer Meeting
SELECTED REFEREED PUBLICATIONS
Bernard, P.S. (2019) Turbulent Fluid Flow, John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, N.J.
Bernard, P. S. and Erinin, M. (2018) "Fluid Particle Dynamics and the Non-Local Origin of the Reynolds Shear Stress," Journal of Fluid Mechanics, Vol. 847, pp. 520-551.
Collins, J.P. and Bernard, P. S. (2018) "A Gridfree Scheme for Simulation of Natural Convection in Three Dimensions," Journal of Computational Physics, Vol. 369, pp. 209 - 224.
Bernard, P. S. (2015) Fluid Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, New York, N.Y..
Bernard, P. S. (2015) "Boundary Layer Vorticity and the Rise of Hairpins," Progress in Wall Turbulence 2: Understanding and Modelling, Lille, France, Vol. 23 ERCOFTAC Series. Ed. M. Stanislas, J. Jimenez, I. Marusic, pp.159-170 (doi 1007/978-3-319-20388-1).
Bernard, P. S. (2013) "Vortex Dynamics in Transitional and Turbulent Boundary Layers," AIAA Journal, Vol. 51, No. 8, pp. 1828-1842, (DOI:10.2514/1.J051811).
Bernard, P. S. (2011) "The Hairpin Vortex Illusion," Journal of Physics: Conference Series, Vol. 318, 060024. (DOI:10.1088/1742-6596/318/6/062004).
Bernard, P. S., Collins, P. and Potts, M. (2010) "Vortex Filament Simulation of the Turbulent Boundary Layer," AIAA Journal, Vol. 48, pp. 1757 - 1771.
Bernard, P. S. (2009) "Vortex Filament Simulation of the Turbulent Coflowing Jet," Physics of Fluids, Vol. 21, 025107.
Bernard, P. S. (2008) "Grid-Free Simulation of the Spatially Growing Turbulent Mixing Layer," AIAA Journal, Vol. 46, pp. 1725 - 1737.
Bernard, P. S. (2006) "Turbulent Flow Properties of Large Scale Vortex Systems," Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, Vol. 103, pp. 10174 - 10179.