The combined Bachelor's/Master's Degree (B.S./M.S.) Program is available only to current University of Maryland undergraduate students. The minimum requirements for acceptance into the program are:
- Confirmed faculty research advisor
- At least a 3.5 GPA
- No more than 30 credits of ENME courses remaining for the B.S.
- No more than six credits of General Education requirements remaining for the B.S.
Students must use this form to formally apply for the B.S./M.S. Program. Ideally, students should begin their search for an advisor during their junior year and apply for the program during the spring of junior year so that they may be formally accepted into the program for the fall of their senior year.
After formal acceptance to the B.S./M.S. Program, students must also submit an application to the M.S. program for the semester in which they intend to bring the graduate program. This requires the following supplemental documents:
- At least three letters of recommendation
- An essay or statement of purpose.
Students may take a maximum of nine credits of graduate coursework during their time in the BS program that will double count as credits toward their MS degree.
All questions regarding the B.S./M.S. program can be sent to Kerri Poppler James at firstname.lastname@example.org.