- PhD, University of Waterloo, Canada (2006)
- MSc, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden (2002)
- BSc, Lund Institute of Technology, Sweden (1999)
HONORS AND AWARDS
- E. Robert Kent Outstanding Teaching Award for Junior Faculty (2018)
- NSF CAREER Award (2015)
- Best MSc Thesis in the ME Department (2015; to student Andrew Trettel)
- Associate Editor for AIAA Journal (2017-present)
- Associate Fellow of the American Institute for Aeronautics and Astronautics
- American Physical Society
- Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
Dr. Larsson has broad interests within the fields of fluid mechanics, turbulence, and predictive computational science. His interests range from the very fundamental to the rather applied: his ideal research question is one which solves a highly applied problem through a rigorous and creative fundamental approach. Large-scale simulations on thousands of processors are an important tool in this research, enabling detailed turbulence simulations or quantification of simulation uncertainties. Current project topics include: enabling large eddy simulation to be applied at realistic (high) Reynolds numbers through approximate wall-modeling; developing grid-adaptation techniques for turbulence simulations; developing physics-based uncertainty quantification approaches; and hypersonic turbulent flows.
ENME489M "Advanced Fluid Mechanics"
ENME745/417 "Numerical Methods"