Director of CITY@UMD
- Ph.D., Building Technology, Massachusetts Institute for Technology, 2000
- M.Sc., Mechnical Engineering, University of Belgrade, 1997
- B.Sc., Mechnical Engineering, University of Belgrade, 1994
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Elected Fellow of the International Building Performance and Simulation Association (IBPSA) by the IBPSA Board, 2019
- Elected Fellow of the International Society of Indoor Air Quality and Climate (ISIAQ) by the Academy of Fellows of ISIAQ, 2018
- Inaugural Particle and Fibre Toxicology Prize Paper Award, 2016
- Serbian National Academy of Engineering, Elected International Member, 2013
- Outstanding Research Award, Penn State Engineering Alumni Society (PSEAS), 2012
- 2009 Crosby Field Award, American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE), 2010
- 2009 Poster Presentation Award, ASHRAE, 2010
- 2007 Transactions Paper Award, ASHRAE, 2008
- Distinguished Service Award, ASHRAE, 2007
- Yaglou Award, International Academy of Indoor Air Sciences, 2005
- Faculty Early Career Development (CAREER) Award, National Science Foundation, 2002
- Special Emphasis Research Career Award (SERCA), National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health, 2001
- Homer Addams Award, ASHRAE, 2001
- Pearce Development Professorship, PSU, 2000-2004
Multi-scale Modeling of Urban Neighborhoods Computational Fluid Dynamics and Energy Simulations Simulations and Measurements of Indoor and Outdoor Environments Ventilation Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) and Building Energy Analysis Sustainable Buildings and Climate Change
- Zhao, M., Kim, Y.S., and Srebric, J. 2015. “Occupant Perceptions and a Health Outcome in Retail Stores,” Building and Environment, doi:10.1016/j.buildenv.2015.05.039.
- Yaghoobian, N., Srebric, J. 2015. “Influence of Plant Coverage on the Total Green Roof Energy Balance and Building Energy Consumption,” Energy and Buildings, 103(2015): 1-13.
- Chen, X., Wang, Q., and Srebric, J. 2015. “Model Predictive Control for Indoor Thermal Comfort and Energy Optimization Using Occupant Feedback,” Energy and Buildings, 102(2015): 357-369.
- Jareemit, D., and Srebric, J. 2015. “A Characterization of Time-Dependent Air Infiltration Rates in Retail Stores Using Calibrated Multi-zone Model,” Science and Technology for the Built Environment, 21(4): 420-428.
- Srebric, J., Heidarinejad, M., Liu, J. 2015. “Building Neighborhood Emerging Properties and their Impacts on Multi-Scale Modeling of Building Energy and Airflows,” Building and Environment, 91(2015): 246-262.
- Liu, J., Heidarinejad, M., Gracik, S., Srebric, J., and Yu, N. 2015. “An indirect validation of convective heat transfer coefficients (CHTCs) for external building surfaces in an actual urban environment,” Building Simulation Journal, 2015(8): 337-352.
- Zhao, M., Srebric, J., Berghage, R., Dressler K., 2015. “Accumulated Snow Layer Influence on the Heat Transfer Process through Green Roof Assemblies,” Building and Environment, 87(2015): 82-91.
- Chen, X., Wang, Q., and Srebric, J. 2015. “A Data-driven State-space Model of Indoor Thermal Sensation Using Occupant Feedback for Low-Energy Buildings,” Energy and Buildings, 91(2015): 187-198.
- Pitchurov, G., Srebric, J., Zhu, S., Vincent R.L., Rudnick, S.N., and Brickner P.W. 2015. “A Validated Numerical Investigation of the Ceiling Fan's Role in the Upper-Room UVGI Efficacy,” Building and Environment, 86(2015): 109-119.
- Liu, J., Heidarinejad, M., Gracik, S., and Srebric, J. 2015. “The impact of exterior surface convective heat transfer coefficients on the building energy consumption in urban neighborhoods with different plan area densities,” Energy and Buildings, 86(2015): 449-463.
- Han, G., Srebric, J., and Enache-Pommer, E. 2015. “Different Modeling Strategies of Infiltration Rates for an Office Building to Improve Accuracy of Building Energy Simulations,” Energy and Buildings, 86(2015): 288-295.
- Gracik, S., Heidarinejad, M., Liu, J., Srebric, J. 2015. “Effect of Urban Neighborhoods on the Performance of Building Cooling Systems,” Building and Environment, 90(2015): 15-29.
in the A. James Clark School of Engineering.