Associate Chair of Research & Administration
Fischell Department of Bioengineering
Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
Maryland Robotics Center
- Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley, 1997
- M.S., University of Maryland, College Park, 1993
- B.S., University of Maryland, College Park, 1991
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Fellow, American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering / AIMBE (2022)
- Fellow, Royal Society of Chemistry / RSC (2021)
- Wilson H. Elkins Professorship (2020)
- University System of Maryland Regents Award for Research (2013)
- Kavli Fellow of the National Academy of Sciences (2008)
- NSF Presidential Early Career Award for Scientists and Engineers for advances in microsystems technology (2000)
- NSF CAREER Award (1999)
SOCIETY AND EDITORIAL
- Treasurer - Chemical and Biological Microsystems Society (CBMS)
- Senior Editor - Journal of MicroElectroMechanical Systems (J. MEMS)
- MEMS and microsystems technology
- Microfluidic systems
- Additive manufacturing at the micro/nano scales
- Disposable diagnostics
- Scalable nanomedicine development
Microhydrocyclones for Scalable Exosome Isolation
Synthetic Biogenesis of Eukaryotic Cells
Continuous-Flow Microfluidic Synthesis of Liposomal Nanomedicines
Trap Array Chips Enabling Rapid, Automated, and Portable Antibiotic Resistance Screening
ENME476 Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS)
ENME481/740 Lab-on-a-Chip Microsystems
ENME489B Mechatronics and the Internet of Things (IoT)
Recent Publications (see http://www.researcherid.com/rid/A-2891-2011 for a full listing)
J.Y. Han, S. Warshawsky, D.L. DeVoe, "In Situ Photografting during Direct Laser Writing in Thermoplastic Microchannels," Sci Rep, 11, 10980, 2021.
S. Padmanabhan, A. Sposito, M. Yeh, M. Everitt, I. White, D.L. DeVoe, "Reagent integration and controlled release for multiplexed nucleic acid testing in disposable thermoplastic 2D microwell arrays," Biomicrofluidics, 15, 014103, 2021.
J.Y. Han, D.L. DeVoe, "Plasma isolation in a syringe by conformal integration of inertial microfluidics" Annals of Biomedical Engineering, 49, 139-148, 2021.
S. Padmanabhan, J.Y. Han, I. Nanayankkara, K. Tran, P. Ho, N. Mesfin, I. White, D.L. DeVoe, "Enhanced sample filling and discretization in thermoplastic 2D microwell arrays using asymmetric contact angles," Biomicrofluidics, 14, 014113, 2020.
J.Y. Han, B. Krasniqi, J. Kim, M. Keckley, D.L. DeVoe, "Miniaturization of hydrocyclones by high resolution 3D printing for rapid microparticle separation," Adv. Mater. Technol., 1901105, 2020.
H. Babahosseini, S. Padmanabhan, T. Misteli, D.L. DeVoe, "A programmable microfluidic platform for multisample injection, discretization, and droplet manipulation," Biomicrofluidics, 14, 014112, 2020.
J.Y. Han, M. Wiederoder, D.L. DeVoe, "Isolation of intact bacteria from blood by selective cell lysis in a microfluidic porous silica monolith," Microsystems & Nanoengineering, 5, 30, 2019.
O.M. Barham, M. Mirzaeimoghri, D.L. DeVoe, "Piezoelectric disc transformer mdeling utilizing extended Hamilton's principle," IEEE Trans. Power Electron., 34, 6583-6592, 2019.
Z. Chen, J.Y. Han, L. Shumate, R.R. Fedak, D.L. DeVoe, "High-throughput liposome synthesis using a 3d printed microfluidic vertical flow focusing device," Adv. Mater. Technol., 1800511, 2019.
H. Babahosseini, T. Misteli, D.L. DeVoe, "Microfluidic on-demand droplet generation, storage, retrieval, and merging for single-cell pairing," Lab Chip, 19, 493-502, 2019.
Other professional society fellows
- Royal Society of Chemistry