Anand, Dr. Davinder
Center for Engineering Concepts Development
- Ph.D., Mechanical Engineering, The George Washington University, Washington D.C., 1965
- M.S., Mechanical Engineering, The George Washington University, Washington D.C., 1961
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, The George Washington University, Washington D.C., 1959
Dr. Anand received his Ph.D. from The George Washington University in 1965. He has been associated as a senior engineer with the Applied Physics Laboratory/John Hopkins University and has served as a Program Director of the Mechanical Systems Program at NSF. He has been active in system simulation, dynamics, control systems and manufacturing. His research has been supported by NIH, NSF, NASA, DOE and Industry. He has consulted widely with industry and government and founded TPI, Inc., a high-tech consulting company.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- American Men of Science
- Who’s Who in Engineering
- Fellow of American Society of Mechanical Engineers
- Outstanding George Washington University Alumni Award (1987)
- NSF Sustained Superior Performance Award (1981)
- Reviewer for NSF, ASME
- Professional Engineer, State of Maryland
- Smee, S.A., P.C. Brand, D.D. Barry, C.L. Broholm, and D.K. Anand, “An Elastic, Low-Background Vertical Focusing Element for a Double Focusing Neutron Monochromator,” Nuclear Instruments and Methods in Physics Research A, Vol. 446, pp. 513-526, 2001.
- Berger, B.S., C. Belai, and D.K. Anand, “Toeplitz Matrices and Cutting State Identification,” Proceedings of the 8th International Congress on Sound and Vibration, Hong Kong, China, pp. 1877-1884, 2001.
- Berger, B.S., J.A. Manzari, D.K. Anand, and C. Belai, “Auto-Regressive SVD Algorithms for Cutting State Identification,” Journal of Sound and Vibration, accepted for publication.
- B. Berger, C. Belai, and D.K. Anand, “Time Series Analysis With Auto-Regressive SVD Algorithms,” Proceedings of the 37th Heat Transfer and Fluid Mechanics Institute, Sacramento, CA, pp. 1-14, 2001.
- Berger, B.S., C. Belai, and D. Anand, “Cutting State Identification with AR Models,” Transactions of the Society of Engineering Science Tech. Meeting, Vol. 37, 2000.